Nashville Teeth Whitening
Is a smile, or lack thereof, the first thing that you notice on a person? If so, do you flaunt or worry about your own smile? Everyone’s smile is unique and worth showing. Don’t let a dingy or stained set of chompers keep you from smiling. Consider an easy solution: teeth whitening!
In-Office Teeth Whitening
In-office whitening treatments may be stronger than over the counter products. Because they may be stronger, they may lead to whiter teeth faster, while in a safe and controlled environment. Bleaching is low-cost, quick, and definitely worth a try if you’re trying to brighten your smile quickly.
During your teeth-whitening visit, a whitening gel or agent is applied to the teeth, and a special light activates the whitener to allow for faster bleaching (typically 30 to 90 minutes). Two or three appointments may be necessary to reach the desired shade of white.
Take-Home Teeth Whitening Trays
Is the whitening toothpaste just not making a difference? Or, are you sick of buying expensive whitening strips and hoping they stay in place while you go about your day? Custom bleaching trays are a great solution to getting that whiter, brighter smile from the comfort of your own home.
A quick trip to the dentist allows for impressions to be made of your teeth, and in 48 hours or less, your bleaching trays are ready! The trays also come with a special bleaching agent that is to be placed in the trays and worn. Once you reach your desired level of whiteness, only occasional treatment should be necessary.
Want to attempt something more natural? Some swear by pantry concoctions such as baking soda and lemon juice formed into a paste. Some even use strawberries, salt, & baking soda scrubs or even the new fad – oil pulling. Effective whitening solutions, who knows? What is for certain is that getting your teeth whitening professionally definitely works.
Teeth Whitening Warnings
It is always a great idea to discuss new at-home dental methods like teeth whitening with your dentist prior to trying any over the counter products. Everyone’s teeth respond differently to bleaching. It is important to determine if your teeth will respond positively to bleaching before making a large investment. In addition, it is important to follow the directions on a product’s packaging.
- If you have any rotted or decaying teeth, the bleaching product may literally strike a nerve and cause pain and further damage. Have your teeth checked regularly for changes.
- Some people ignore instructions and leave whiteners like bleach strips on too long. This may lead to more sensitive teeth, as well as tooth discoloration.
- Your teeth’s level of whiteness may be different than someone else’s pearly whites. Don’t push the limit on this. There is such a thing as too white of teeth.
- Pregnant or nursing? It’s best to wait to whiten your teeth.
- If you want teeth whitening trays, get them custom-fit. Nothing is worse than buying one size fits all trays and doing damage to your gums or missing spots on your teeth due to ill-fitting trays.
- Teeth whitening products should not be used on synthetic teeth because they tend to color differently than natural teeth.
Fancy a more bright and shining smile? Chat with us about teeth bleaching and whitening. As adults, we know the impact that your smile has on your self-esteem and the way that others view you.